packaging system

From: Mark Wolfe <wolfem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:53:33 +1000

Gday all,

Just a couple of questions.

Has anyone got any ideas on what you are envisioning for the packaging system of dragonfly. I have used FreeBSDs ports, debians dpkg and Osx's fink for a bit and I am interested in software distribution and update systems. I would be happy to begin looking into a helping with a higher level design or even just happy to help compile peoples ideas for web content.

Also what are your thoughts of NSS switch.. are you planning to integrate this feature into dragonfly? I am a stalwart supporter of the move to ldap as the core of an os's AAA model.

Lastly have you thought about doing some research into some of the technologies used in darwin to possibly add even more to you new distribution. This is just a general fish for ideas from people in this group and is not directed at any particular part of darwin.

BTW good to see there still people out there who are brave enough to break away from the establishment, roll up there sleeves and break some stuff in the name of learning and innovation.

Regards,

Mark Wolfe
Hammond Street Developments
Web : http://www.hsd.com.au

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)