Re: networking

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Do you envision the structure of networking changing any,
:other than what you mentioned previously with MP scaling?
:
:			-Kip

    A good deal of the low level network infrastructure (packet I/O)
    will change just from other work that is being done.  Apart from the
    planned changes to partition the TCP and UDP stacks, I'm sure the mbuf
    subsystem will also wind up getting rewritten.