Re: Guidelines for tasks?

From: dave <leimy2k@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:34:30 -0500

e.g. when I do VFS all our filesystems will suddenly be a lot slower
because they won't be reentrant any more, which means work could begin
on making the most important filesystem(s) (ah.. probably just UFS)
reentrant again.

When I do the initial SYSCALL work then we immediately open up several
additional projects, such as userland threads support, initial
kernelland (rfork) thread hacks, and ultimately asynchronization of
those system calls which can non-trivially block (mainly I/O calls).

As I write down these things I am slowly going to build up a simplistic
work tree in the Status section. Some better way of organizing it
might be in order.

Sounds like we need a Gantt chart or at least a PERT chart :). We could always
chip in and buy Matt a copy of Microsoft Project </me runs like hell!>

Dave

-Matt Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---
David Leimbach
Software Engineer
MPI Software Technology Inc.
Phone: 662-320-4300 x43
Fax:   662-320-4301
http://www.mpi-softtech.com

The information contained in this communication may be confidential and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you are not a named recipient or received this communication by mistake, please notify the sender and delete the communication and all copies of it.