DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2008-05
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2008-05

Re: Request: Xfering new kernel to target machine

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:53:45 +0200

Walter wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:
    What I would do is 'make installkernel DESTDIR=somewhere', and
    then copy that somewhere to the slow machine.

When I did that it told me I needed to run buildkernel first. So I experimented by specifying the DESTDIR when running nativekernel. Now it says it can't find 'kernel' in the DESTDIR (I had checked to see what it created and indeed there wasn't anything there).

Could it be that KERNCONF was not the same between your nativekernel/installkernel?

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx