DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-12
DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-12

RE: C book license

From: "Adrian Michael Nida" <nida@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:10:27 -0500

Robert,

The C Book License was placed into the wiki by Devon H. O'Dell, who was the
original creator/maintainer of the wiki.  When Devon left us, the wiki was
moved over to the folks at gobsd.org.  A few months ago (I forget exactly
when), gobsd.org's web hosting service locked their doors, turned everything
off, and was never heard from again.  It was at this time that it was
discovered that no backups were done of the wiki.  Fast forward to May 30th
and you'll find out that Andreas Hauser resurrected the wiki in its new
form.  While a lot of content was restored through Google's cache, some
sections were lost forever.  You've probably encountered one of those pages.

While I won't comment on legal licensing proceedings (Should it stay or
should it go?), I thought you'd appreciate the history :-)

Thanks,

Adrian