DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2006-01

Re: patch for DragonFly Handbook

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:18:09 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, January 21, 2006 3:58 pm, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Few other things:
>
> The KLD definition at top seems wrong. A quick google search indicates to
> me it is Kernel Loadable *Device*. See definition here:
> src/sys/conf/kmod.mk

You are probably right; that's an inherited error.  The FreeBSD Handbook
still uses the existing "object" definition.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/linuxemu-lbc-install.html

> Also the link on the documentation for "meta-pkgs/suse port" goes to
> FreeBSD. Fix that to go to pkgsrc or DragonFly's own hosted page for it or
> remove hyperlink itself.

There's no DragonFly page for it.  The NetBSD site has:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README.html - we could
link to the subpages from there.  (pkgsrc.se is a bit easier on the eyes,
though it's the same docs.)  Joerg/Matt - is there plans to have a
specific pkgsrc archive under the dragonflybsd.org domain name?

> And change the "meta-pkgs/suse port" to "meta-pkgs/suse package"
>
> 22.2.1.2 says ``ports'' collection -- change to pkgsrc collection.
>
> (I can do this if needed, but later.)

I'll get to it tonight depending on when the kids conk out.