DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2005-06

Re: handbook: cvs or wiki?

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:

> | p.s. Using anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/dcvs I get:
> |
> | cvs server: /home/dcvs/CVSROOT/config: unrecognized keyword 'LocalKeyword
> | and
> | No space left on device

This problem was fixed.

But now for past few hours I receive: "Load too high, try again later."

> | What anoncvs server should I use?
> |
> | The download webpage only lists one.
>
> That is actually the only anoncvs mirror.

I will ask allbsd.org to add anoncvs for Dragonfly.

> I advise you to use cvsup
> instead. CVSup seems to be more popular in the FreeBSD world than
> anoncvs (which is popular in the NetBSD world :)).

As far as I know, cvsup will overwrite my changes. CVS works great
because it merges in my changes or clearly identifies conflicts when
merging.

Also, CVS makes it easy to prepare diffs so I can submit my changes.

I am open to using an alternative to cvs if it will merge in my changes
and make diffs as simple.

(Please carbon copy me on replies.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links