DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2005-04

Re: online man page url format?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:05:27 -0700 (PDT)

    They were changed a while back... several months ago, when
    I changed the manual page CGI interface.  The original
    interface supported both forms.  The new one only supports the
    new form.  The old '+' form doesn't work for manual pages with
    '+'s in them.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

:> Hi,
:>
:> were there changes in the software handling our online man pages
:(http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man)? I'm asking because none of
:the man page links in the Wiki handbook work any longer. And I'm sure
:they used to work at some point.
:
:They did work - I don't know what caused the change, but I did make a
:change when Rongsheng Fang pointed out that the links were broken in the
:handbook:
:
:http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/doc/share/sgml/dragonfly.dsl.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4&f=h
:
:Though it wasn't broken when it used that format before - just glitchy.
:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2005-03/msg00117.html
:
:The man page cgi is not in CVS, so I can't check the history there.