DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2005-03

Re: Handbook dewikification --> d.docs

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:20:16 +0800

Sascha Wildner wrote:

Bill Hacker wrote:

But everything I have done so far is in the 'Wikified Handbook'

Great work by the way. :) I like the

"Naturally, you will need to first 'cd /' and be on the root file system for this command to work. 'Fred' can hover in mid-air. Sysadmins need a place to sit."

part. :)

LOL! - Thanks! And you'll have to guess how many times I have overlooked that when tired or in a hurry, 'coz I ain't 'fessin' up!

- how best to re-sync that with the 'non-Wikified' Handbook?

Good question, actually. Still hoping that Wikimedia comes up with something functional to convert their Wiki markup to docbook.

I wouldn't hold my breath - docbook seems to be the baby being thrown out with the bathwater these days.

The XML export currently available is rather useless.

XML in general reminds me of PL1. . ..."Seemed like a good idea at the time."

But I think we should have a review / approval step in between.
It is dead-easy to collaborate change/change again on the Wiki,
less so moving into docbook - at least 'at a distance'.

Although, someone on IRC mentioned that there are docbook Wikis as well.

And 'all of the above' modularity (Zope/Plone) - but I think the one you have is 'fit for the purpose'.

No point in spending too much time on the trappings.

Lemme go see what docbook tools are around....

Bill