DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2004-11

Re: Is there a reference to IRC channel anywhere on the website?

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:23:54 +0100

On 18.11.2004, at 01:30, Max Okumoto wrote:
I am trying to find the location of the DragonFly IRC channel.
Can someone put it on the website, at least in fourms?

I can remember that this was discussed at the very beginning. General opinion was agains a big public announcement of the channel, as this could easily lead to a situation FreeBSD was/is (appologies if I didn't get it right): some developers almost exclusively discuss on IRC and don't use the mailing lists. This leads to too few documentation and seperation of the IRCing and non-IRCing developers.

Still, of course, everybody interessted is invited to join us at EFNet/#dragonflybsd and have a nice chat about the bad weather in Norway (at least that's what I heard)

cheers
  simon

--
/"\