DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2004-02

Re: man page history cleanup

From: Aaron Malone <aaron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:09:11 -0600

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:39:41 -0600, Aaron Malone wrote:
> Presumably the result of a wholesale s/FreeBSD/DragonFly/g in the man
> pages.  I'm going to work through the man tree and fix these;

Reconsidering, now that I've actually looked into it a bit (stupid me)
-- the issue is that we've redefined the .Fx macro in groff to say
DragonFly instead of FreeBSD.  I see three (well, four) options here:

1) Revert the .Fx macro to FreeBSD, add a new macro for DragonFly
(.Dx?), and update the instances that should be DragonFly.

2) Add a new macro for FreeBSD and use that for historical references.

3) Hardcode the historical references as 'FreeBSD' rather than using a
macro.

4) (bad option) Leave them alone.

I'm new at groff, so I don't consider myself qualified to make the call
here.  Anyone?

--
Aaron Malone
aaron@xxxxxxxxx