DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2003-11

Re: Mailing list archive

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Nov 2003 02:58:16 GMT

"William A. Carrel" <william.a@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:william.a-9098B4.18080404112003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> It would make more sense to implement a simple nntp -> http gateway.
> That is unless news.dragonflybsd.org is expiring articles so fast that
> it isn't an option.  (I don't believe this is the case.)

When I'm writing my summaries on shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/ , I'm more
comfortable with linking to someone's actual words, rather than
paraphrasing or copying. I don't know how soon anyone will get the
chance to set up an "official" archive on the dragonflybsd.org site.

So, this is more to scratch my itch than anything else.  Plus, I learn
by doing, not by waiting, and now I've learned something.