DragonFly commits List (threaded) for 2010-10
git: nrelease - Release build adjustments
Author: Matthew Dillon <email@example.com>
Date: Sun Oct 24 00:00:59 2010 -0700
nrelease - Release build adjustments
* Add GITHOST override to Makefile.usr
* For now checkout 2010Q3 by default in master, this will be changed
to 'master' in a month or two but for now we want to match the release.
* Add GITHOST feature to the nrelease Makefile, defaulting to
git.dragonflybsd.org. This allows developers who do release builds
to specify a more local clone/mirror/copy of the pkgsrcv2.git and
nrelease pulls from these repos so this can save a bunch of time.
* nrelease now installs each kernel into its own kernel.XXX directory
in /boot, with a complete set of modules for each kernel. This is
instead of installing all kernels into /boot/kernel/ and naming them
differently inside /boot/kernel/.
This is to conform to the recent dloader work and very recent new
* All kernels+modules are installed with INSTALLSTRIPPEDMODULES so the
ISO comes in at a reasonable size.
* The release ISO now contains both a UP and a SMP kernel, selectable
at boot time.
* Do not try to include pkgsrc in the release ISO/IMG (at 1G+ it is too
big). We continue to include system sources. There isn't enough room
for full sources in the ISO/IMG. Note that GUI builds will include
a full pkgsrc and full sources, including a .git base for them.
* nrelease now supports a IMGSIZE override on the make line (in sectors),
for the usb image.
* nrelease now autosizes the IMG file (when not overriden by IMGSIZE) to
the nearest base-10 gigabyte to ensure that it fits on the USB stick
and provide a bit of extra space for messing around.
Summary of changes:
etc/Makefile.usr | 11 ++++++---
nrelease/Makefile | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
2 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository