DragonFly commits List (threaded) for 2009-06
DragonFly-126.96.36.199.gcf5f3 master sys/dev/disk/ahci ahci.c
Author: Matthew Dillon <email@example.com>
Date: Tue Jun 9 11:47:54 2009 -0700
AHCI - Better reset sequencing, bug fixes
* Change the reset sequence. If the first hardreset fails do a second
hardreset. If that fails then try doing a softreset. This seems to
catch all the cases. It is unclear why the reset sequence fails at
random points but it seems to be a combination of the port command
processor state and the device state. COMRESET does not actually reset
everything like its supposed to.
* Temporarily set ap_state to AP_S_NORMAL when starting a reset
sequence so commands do not just fail due to a previously failed
condition on the port.
* Restoration of command register state now depends on whether the
reset succeeded or failed.
* Note that only SERR_DIAG_X needs to be cleared to allow for the
next TFD update. These updates are serialized by the controller
and there may be more then one. Add a function ahci_flush_tfd() which
flushes all of them.
* Add ahci_port_hardstop() for dealing with failed ports and device
removals, instead of using ahci_port_hardreset(). This function
tries to do multiple transitions via section 10.10.1. These
transitions are not well documented by the standard.
* Fix ahci_poll() to not queue a command if the port is in a failed
state, as this really messes up our port processing state machine.
Summary of changes:
sys/dev/disk/ahci/ahci.c | 310 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
1 files changed, 244 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository