DragonFly commits List (threaded) for 2008-05
Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/gen pthread_fake.c src/lib/libc_r/uthread Makefile.inc pthread_private.h uthread_atfork.c uthread_fork.c uthread_init.c
Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Add pthread_atfork() implementation to libc_r. libthread_xu has it
> already, but it was unusable due to missing code in libc_r.
The good news (and the reason why I did it) is that it allows Firefox3
from wip/firefox to compile and work in DragonFly.
While I tested this pthread_atfork() implementation, I discovered one
problem though. One of pthread_atfork() tests included in Open POSIX Test
Suite  fails with it while it works with libthread_xu. Although I
understand that libc_r is deprecated etc, I would be glad if someone with
more knowledge than me could look at it. Regardless of the libc_r status,
I don't feel myself very well while introducing regressions ;).
How to repeat these tests:
* Download the testsuite from
* Unpack, cd to posixtestsuite
* Edit LDFLAGS to have one uncommented line: -lpthread -D_BSD_SOURCE
* Export POSIX_TARGET=conformance/interfaces/pthread_atfork
* cd conformance/interfaces/pthread_atfork
And you can run *.test files now. The test that fails with libc_r is the
 - http://posixtest.sourceforge.net