DragonFly commits List (threaded) for 2006-03
Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libstand ufs.c src/sbin/clri clri.c src/sys/bus/cam/scsi scsi_cd.c scsi_da.c scsi_pass.c src/sys/conf bsd.kern.mk src/sys/contrib/dev/fla fla.c src/sys/dev/disk/ata ata-disk.c ata-raid.c atapi-cd.c atapi-fd.c atapi-tape.c ...
Matthew Dillon wrote:
Major BUF/BIO work commit. Make I/O BIO-centric and specify the disk or
file location with a 64 bit offset instead of a 32 bit block number.
* All I/O is now BIO-centric instead of BUF-centric.
* File/Disk addresses universally use a 64 bit bio_offset now. bio_blkno
no longer exists.
* Stackable BIO's hold disk offset translations. Translations are no longer
overloaded onto a single structure (BUF or BIO).
* bio_offset == NOOFFSET is now universally used to indicate that a
translation has not been made. The old (blkno == lblkno) junk has all
* There is no longer a distinction between logical I/O and physical I/O.
* All driver BUFQs have been converted to BIOQs.
* BMAP, FREEBLKS, getblk, bread, breadn, bwrite, inmem, cluster_*,
and findblk all now take and/or return 64 bit byte offsets instead
of block numbers. Note that BMAP now returns a byte range for the before
and after variables.
the following warning looks fishy:
'blockoff' might be used uninitialized in this function
The initialization of blockoff was removed, even though it's still used