DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2012-01
[DragonFlyBSD - Bug #129] (Closed) namecache coherency 3rd turn
Issue #129 has been updated by Francois Tigeot.
Status changed from New to Closed
Assignee deleted (0)
Closing due to lack of recent feedback.
Bug #129: namecache coherency 3rd turn
Author: Csaba Henk
This time the following changes were made:
- Namecache locks are kept by shadowinfo structures which
can be embedded into the namecache structure itself (singleton
groups) or fetched from a pool (for non-singleton groups).
- Shadow group data structure: I ended up at what has been
suggested by Matt earlier: shadow group entries form a circular list.
Double linked in order to support O(1) node deletion, enhanced
with a height counter to retain tree semantics.
- cache_setunresolved(ncp) blows up subtree over ncp to break broken
- Deadlock avoiding techniques of the previous patch have been kept.
- The "struct namecache *nc_shadowed" field of namecache structures
still exists, but is nowhere referred by cache code. Now it's sort
of a private field, almost like the "void *" fields in vnodes,
specinfo structures, etc. It could be easily ditched and replaced by
per-mount hash for those fs-es who would use it. I just kept it as
is -- I didn't want to do anything about it without having a
- Nullfs adjusted to this API.
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account