DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2012-01
[DragonFlyBSD - Bug #2002] (Closed) acpica upgrade to 20110211 (tentative)
Issue #2002 has been updated by Magliano Andrea.
Status changed from New to Closed
Merged long time ago.
Bug #2002: acpica upgrade to 20110211 (tentative)
Author: Magliano Andrea
the background: using dfly on an old laptop with not fully acpi compliant
chipset caused kernel panic, due to:
- double free in /sys/contrib/dev/acpica-unix/namespace/nspredef.c
- null pointer exception in AcpiReadBitRegister (fixed with commit
As the first problem has been already fixed in a later acpica release
the only reasonable thing to me to do was an acpica release upgrade.
So i dared bringing in acpica 20110211:
It's a big patch, but it's just a bring in of
acpica-unix-20110211.tar.gz with the least number of modifications to
It's still not usable anyway:
- absurd temp values reported (was the same in fbsd 6.3, seen in forums)
- on that laptop two GPEs cause an interrupt storm, slowing down the
Changes in /sys/dev/acpi are kept at a minimum to adapt to the new api
(btw simpler, but more fine grained), except new AcpiSetupGpeForWake(),
for what i followed fbsd 8.0 code
As i'm new to dfly, acpica, git(hub) i'm not sure if:
- i brought in all necessary stuff from tarball
- all things i brought in are really necessary
- my modifications in /sys/dev/acpi dir are meaningful at all
That's why i would be grateful if someone experienced could review the
patch and give feedback.
Further, patch unrelated feedback (coding style, git usage, ...) is
highly appreciated too.
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account