DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2010-11
2.9 i386 mouse freeze, keyboard working, core dumped to leaf
I have been getting mouse freezes on 2.9/x86 after the System runs
for around an hour.
There is nothing in the messages or the console in which 'startx' was
run that points to this.
This was happening I guess from 2-4 weeks.
I did the following
1) Change the window manager to see if it was WM specific - No it is
not, happens with fvwm as well as xfce
2) Followed the development source for around 4 weeks.
3) Test with GENERIC and GENERIC.MP KERNCONF file.
The result was same.
The mouse freezes and the mouse pointer gets stuck at the top right
corner of the screen.
Key board works.
Pressing Ctrl+Alt+F1 takes you to the console. Nothing there. Nothing
At this point startx can be killed with Ctrl+c and then restarted
every thing is fine till around an hour when the freeze takes place
My kernel has the following sound modules complied into it
I have taken 2 core dumps and put it on leaf
1) leaf:/home/sgeorge/crash.mouse-crash.tar.bz2 - with an MP kernel
2) leaf:/home/sgeorge/crash/crash1.tar.bz2 - with GENERIC kernel
Currently I need to kill X every one hour or so to continue working.
Hope some interesting bug will be found and fixed :-)