DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2010-09
[issue1726] tmpfs "malloc limit exceeded" panic
Venkatesh Srinivas <firstname.lastname@example.org> added the comment:
thomas - the deep namecache recursions 'should' be happening on shutdown
(actually unmount); they are a real problem - a full tmpfs (by nodes) on a
system with 1.5GB of RAM takes upwards of 5 min to unmount. Why the ncp->nc_name
field is empty I don't know either....
- tmpfs should survive fsstress at the minute
- >1 tmpfs will be a problem, the name zone is shared
- there are workloads which will still panic it...
- unmount after fsstress takes a long time
stuff to do still standing:
- Move the tmpfs name zone from a global malloc zone to a per-mount zone
- Convert dirent allocations from M_WAITOK to M_WAITOK | M_NULLOK and handle
the null return case; there are only two places that dirents are allocated, so
this wouldn't be too bad.
- Figure out why the unmount is hitting so many namecache entries with null
- Write a link stress test (something that makes a _lot_ of links) to see if we
can exhaust the dirent zone currently.
status: testing -> in-progress
DragonFly issue tracker <email@example.com>