DragonFly bugs List (threaded) for 2007-07
Re: 1.9.x slices, newfs, and vinum problem?
Matthew Dillon wrote:
> Ok, newfs should now work on volumess. Please test vinum some more.
Thanks for checking this out.. reviewing the patch, there's no way I
would have figured all that out in that amount of time..
unfortunately, more strangeness -
good bits of disklabel -r /dev/ad1s1:
a: 78156225 0 vinum # 38162.219M
c: 78156225 0 unused # 38162.219M
- vinum create for the drives as follows:
drive d1 device /dev/ad1s1a
drive d2 device /dev/ad3s1a
fails with the drives being in 'down' state, dmesg reports:
vinum: Can't write config to /dev/ad1s1a, error 30
vinum: Can't write config to /dev/ad3s1a, error 30
(errno.h: #define EROFS 30 /* Read-only file system */)
- newfs /dev/ad1s1a with either vinum or 4.2BSD 'fstype' OK
- mount /dev/ad1s1a with 4.2BSD fstype OK
- ccd as "ccd0 128 none /dev/ad1s1a /dev/ad3s1a"
labels, formats, mounts OK
- dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad1s1a reports
dd: /dev/ad1s1a: Read-only file system
- dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad1s1 is fine
(but blows out the label, as expeced)
when this machine was upgraded to 1.9 a few weeks back,
I made sure to clean out /dev & rebuild, and just did so again
for the ad1 and ad3 devices..
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the how the new partitions work?
thanks again for investigating